Thursday, June 2, 2011

School's Out For The Summer....

My last day to teach school was on May 19th. BEST DAY EVER :) I'm loving having all this free time! My favorite thing about being on summer break is having my mornings back. I love to take my time waking up, go to the gym, make breakfast, and then clean. If I can have that small routine every day then I'm set. Even if I lay around the rest of the day and do nothing, I feel like I've accomplished something. But, just so you don't think I'm going to sit around all summer, here's a few things I plan on accomplishing this summer:



  • being a dedicated blogger :)

  • scrapbooking my first year of teaching

  • reading a TON. my students were required to read 800 pages a month. I plan on doing the same.

  • de-junking my room.

  • decorating my apartment.

  • running in a 5K with Shantae

  • getting a tan

  • planning my CORE lesson plans for next year

  • going on trips! Jenni & Trish-I plan on visiting you both!

  • TV-lets be real, I've got a lot of things recorded that I need to catch up on. Those will include-Community, Friday Night Lights, and How I Met Your Mother.

Even though I have 3 months off I will still be working a little bit. I will go to one month of training-PAID training that is. Then I will be teaching a summer clinic for 3 weeks. Just a few things to keep me busy, but it's completely okay. And it's looking like it's going to be a great summer!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I.LOVE.EVERYTHING.ABOUT.THIS.POST!!!!!SERIOUSLY linds! You are making me so happy. I am so happy that you are done with school. What a relief! You deserve a break! A visit to OREGON sounds like the best idea!! And catching up on the best shows ever sounds like a fabulous idea!!!!

LOVE YOU LINDS!

we neeeeeeeeed to chat.