Monday, July 5, 2010

God Bless the USA

Happy 4th of July! A few weeks ago my friend lent me this book called Left To Tell. It tells the story of a woman who survived the genocide in Rwanda. Some of the events shocked me and after finishing it, it made me realize how fortunate and blessed we are to live in America. We have so many more opportunities living here and it's a beautiful place!


I spent the weekend in Idaho and celebrated the 4th with my family. We has barbeque's with both sides of the family and watched a great fireworks show put on by my Uncle Russell, and then watched the fireworks in Idaho Falls-which I love! Seriously the best show!

Watching the fireworks in Idaho Falls.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

YAY you blogged!!! I love that pic of you and Trynda and Kyran, that's real cute. And I'm always down for a new book suggestion, so thanks for posting!!